Going the distance
Need more help?
If the stress in your life is more than you can cope with, get help right away.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Go to the nearest hospital or emergency room
- Call your physician, health provider or clergy
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
I welcome the diversity of opinions expressed in the blog comments, and it is healthy that there are different opinions about these important issues.
However, there are some fundamentals that can't be ignored if you want to move forward on your journey to serenity and well-being.
- You are responsible for your actions. Sure, you can complain. You can be critical, but at the end of the day, the buck stops with you.
- Life is not fair. The good people do not always win. And sometimes the best intentions are misguided or misinterpreted. Recognize your limitations — and those of others — and then move forward as best you can.
- The past is over. The future is not yet here. So today — this moment, this place in time — is all there is. If you continually focus on the rearview mirror of life, if you take your eyes off the road ahead, chances are slim that you will safely reach your destination.
Not brain surgery. Not rocket science. Just some proven tactics from resilient survivors.
Join the discussion at #Stress.
March 20, 2013