Gratitude built Mayo Clinic, which was established through the generous philanthropy of Dr. William J. Mayo and Dr. Charles H. Mayo and their wives, Hattie and Edith. They willingly gave their medical practice and the bulk of their personal assets to lay the foundation for Mayo Clinic as we know it today.
Today, many of Mayo Clinic's programs and facilities would not exist without continued philanthropic support. We honor the many grateful patients and friends of Mayo Clinic who, like our founders, recognize the transformative power their gift holds.
Mayo Clinic recognizes each benefactor for philanthropic giving of $100,000 to $10 million or more in the Hall of Benefactors at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. We also recognize those who support our work in Florida and Arizona in the Hall of Benefactors on the respective campus. In Mathews Grand Lobby in Rochester, we honor benefactors with cumulative giving of $10 million or more.
- Philanthropic Partners: $10 million or more
- Principal Benefactors: $1 million to $9,999,999
- Distinguished Benefactors: $500,000 to $999,999
- Major Benefactors: $100,000 to $499,999
Committed benefactors who want to make a difference and provide a legacy of philanthropy can do so through planned gifts. Benefactors who support Mayo Clinic through a bequest in their will or another type of planned gift become members of The Mayo Legacy. Mayo Clinic recognizes these members in electronic recognition kiosks in the Halls of Benefactors at all Mayo sites. Find out more.
Having seen and felt the direct impact of philanthropy, Mayo Clinic alumni know the difference it makes better than anyone. Many become benefactors of Mayo to help maintain the highest quality of patient care, research and education. Mayo Clinic recognizes their generosity in electronic recognition kiosks in the Halls of Benefactors at all Mayo sites. Find out more.
- Mayo Alumni Laureates: $100,000 or more
- Doctors Mayo Society: $10,000 or more; bequest of $25,000 or more
- Edith Graham Mayo Society: $1,000 (Mayo School of Health Sciences)
Some benefactors choose to support Mayo Clinic's work with yearly gifts, and Mayo Clinic recognizes them in electronic displays at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Florida and Arizona. Six levels honor benefactors for annual philanthropy of $1,000 to $99,999. Find out more.
Jan. 17, 2016
- Mayo Leadership Circle: $50,000 to $99,999
- Mayo Ambassadors: $25,000 to $49,999
- Mayo Sponsors: $10,000 to $24,999
- Mayo Stewards: $5,000 to $9,999
- Mayo Patrons: $2,500 to $4,999
- Mayo Friends: $1,000 to $2,499