Student Nurse Extern Summer Program
How to Apply
Eligibility and qualifications
To participate in the Student Nurse Extern Summer Program, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in a program at a school of nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Be completing your junior year of a baccalaureate program in nursing and have completed two semesters of clinical nursing experience, or be completing your third semester (block 3) of an associate program in nursing and have completed three semesters of clinical nursing experience
- Be available for a full eight-week assignment that begins in June and ends in July
- Meet Mayo Clinic job-related health requirements
- Have a satisfactory academic record
- Have current Basic Life Support certification
For the Student Nurse Extern Summer Program taking place in summer 2013, you will be able to apply online from Feb. 19 through Feb. 21, 2013.
Please visit the Jobs at Mayo Clinic website, select the "external applicants" or "current employees" link as appropriate, and search for the position titled "Student Nurse Extern Program — Summer 2013."
As you apply online, have these documents accessible since they must be attached for your application to be considered:
- Your resume, which includes your clinical rotation information.
- An up-to-date transcript from your registrar's office. Obtain your transcript prior to applying so that you can attach it as a PDF to your online application.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.