Feb. 17, 2015
A continuación se enumeran ensayos clínicos actuales.5 estudios en Cáncer de mama masculino
(estudios abiertos únicamente).
Filtrar esta lista de estudios según la ubicación, el estado del estudio y más.
The purpose of this registry is to collect and maintain samples of breast tissue from women and men undergoing surgery for a breast related concern at Mayo Clinic Rochester, to create a biospecimen resource for the study of benign and cancerous breast conditions.
Rochester, Minn., Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., Jacksonville, Fla.
A group of doctors and scientists led by Dr. Fergus Couch at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, are conducting this study to advance our understanding of how breast cancer is inherited through families. Genetic testing of breast cancer genes is often done to find the cause of breast cancer tracking through families. Testing often identifies deleterious (cancer causing) mutations and Variants of Uncertain Significance (VUS), that may or may not cause breast cancer. Because of uncertainties about the meaning of many of these results, patients and their family members often cannot benefit from the knowledge that they have one of these mutations. In this study we aim to establish the risks of cancer for deleterious mutations and VUS in each of the clinically tested breast cancer genes, so that families and their health care providers can better manage their risk of breast cancer. To answer these questions, we plan to use mutation results from genes currently included on genetic testing panels for breast cancer, along with information on the history of cancer in families and on breast cancer risk factors collected using a questionnaire.
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
GRAIL is using deep sequencing of circulating cell-free nucleic acids (cfNAs) to develop assays to detect cancer early in blood. The purpose of this study is to collect biological samples from donors with a new diagnosis of cancer (blood and tumor tissue) and from donors who do not have a diagnosis of cancer (blood) in order to characterize the population heterogeneity in cancer and non-cancer subjects and to develop models for distinguishing cancer from non-cancer.
La Crosse, Wis., Albert Lea, Minn., Eau Claire, Wis., Mankato, Minn., Rochester, Minn.
This randomized phase III trial studies how well aspirin works in preventing the cancer from coming back (recurrence) in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) breast cancer after chemotherapy, surgery, and/or radiation therapy. Aspirin is a drug that reduces pain, fever, inflammation, and blood clotting. It is also being studied in cancer prevention. Giving aspirin may reduce the rate of cancer recurrence in patients with breast cancer.
This study is being done to create a list of patients having breast surgery to improve our ability to diagnose and treat breast diseases. Specifically, we will collect:
- Information from questionnaires
- Information from medical records
- Tissue samples (only from patients who have surgery at Mayo Clinic)
- Ruddy KJ, et al. Male breast cancer: Risk factors, biology, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship (Cáncer de mama masculino: factores de riesgo, biología, diagnóstico, tratamiento y supervivencia). Annals of Oncology (Anales de Oncología). 2013;24:1343.
- Cameron JL, et al. Current Surgical Therapy (Terapia quirúrgica actual). 11.ª ed. Filadelfia, Pa.: Elsevier Saunders; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Último acceso: 17 de septiembre de 2014.
- Gradishar WJ. Breast cancer in men (Cáncer de mama en los hombres). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Último acceso: 17 de septiembre de 2014.
- Chavez-Macgregor M, et al. Male breast cancer according to tumor subtype and race: A population-based study (Cáncer de mama masculino según el subtipo de tumor y la raza: un estudio poblacional). Cancer (Cáncer). 2013;119:1611.
- Male breast cancer treatment (PDQ) (Tratamiento del cáncer de mama masculino [PDQ]). Instituto Nacional del Cáncer. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/malebreast/patient. Último acceso: 19 de noviembre de 2014.
- Patten DK, et al. New approaches in the management of male breast cancer (Nuevos enfoques en el tratamiento del cáncer de mama masculino). Clinical Breast Cancer (Cáncer de mama clínico). 2013;13:309.
- Distress management (Control de la angustia). Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network (Red Nacional Integral del Cáncer). http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Último acceso: 17 de septiembre de 2014.