- Bakker CV, Blomeke B, Coenraads PJ, et al. Ascaridole, a sensitizing component of tea tree oil, patch tested at 1% and 5% in two series of patients. Contact Dermatitis 2011;65(4):240-241.
- Barker SC and Altman PM. An ex vivo, assessor blind, randomised, parallel group, comparative efficacy trial of the ovicidal activity of three pediculicides after a single application--melaleuca oil and lavender oil, eucalyptus oil and lemon tea tree oil, and a "suffocation" pediculicide. BMC.Dermatol. 2011;11:14.
- Brady AJ, Farnan TB, Toner JG, et al. Treatment of a cochlear implant biofilm infection: a potential role for alternative antimicrobial agents. J Laryngol.Otol. 2010;124(7):729-738.
- Culliton P and Halcon LL. Chronic wound treatment with topical tea tree oil. Altern.Ther.Health Med. 2011;17(2):46-47.
- Edmondson M, Newall N, Carville K, et al. Uncontrolled, open-label, pilot study of tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) oil solution in the decolonisation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus positive wounds and its influence on wound healing. Int Wound.J 2011;8(4):375-384.
- Goes TC, Antunes FD, Alves PB, et al. Effect of sweet orange aroma on experimental anxiety in humans. J Altern.Complement Med. 2012;18(8):798-804.
- Joksimovic N, Spasovski G, Joksimovic V, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of hyaluronic acid, tea tree oil and methyl-sulfonyl-methane in a new gel medical device for treatment of haemorrhoids in a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Updates.Surg. 2012;64(3):195-201.
- Kang HY, Na SS, and Kim YK. [Effects of oral care with essential oil on improvement in oral health status of hospice patients]. J Korean Acad.Nurs. 2010;40(4):473-481.
- Kim JH, Chun YS, and Kim JC. Clinical and immunological responses in ocular demodecosis. J Korean Med.Sci 2011;26(9):1231-1237.
- Liang L, Safran S, Gao Y, et al. C. Ocular demodicosis as a potential cause of pediatric blepharoconjunctivitis. Cornea 2010;29(12):1386-1391.
- Markum E and Baillie J. Combination of essential oil of Melaleuca alternifolia and iodine in the treatment of molluscum contagiosum in children. J Drugs Dermatol. 2012;11(3):349-354.
- Ponce A, Roura SI, and Moreira Mdel R. Essential oils as biopreservatives: different methods for the technological application in lettuce leaves. J Food Sci 2011;76(1):M34-M40.
- Posadzki P, Alotaibi A, and Ernst E. Adverse effects of aromatherapy: a systematic review of case reports and case series. Int J Risk Saf Med. 1-1-2012;24(3):147-161.
- Reuter J, Merfort I, and Schempp CM. Botanicals in dermatology: an evidence-based review. Am.J Clin.Dermatol. 2010;11(4):247-267.
- Wallengren J. Tea tree oil attenuates experimental contact dermatitis. Arch.Dermatol.Res 2011;303(5):333-338.
This evidence-based monograph was prepared by The Natural Standard Research Collaboration