Precautions

Drug information provided by: Micromedex

It is very important that your doctor check the progress of you or your child closely while you are receiving this medicine. This will allow your doctor to see if the medicine is working properly and to decide if you should continue to receive it.

This medicine may cause a serious type of allergic reaction called anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis can be life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Tell your doctor or nurse right away if you or your child have a skin rash, itching, shortness of breath, sweating, swelling of the face, tongue, and throat, or tightness in the chest after you get the injection.

Make sure your doctor knows if you or your child have had an allergic reaction to any dye or medicine given during a test or procedure.

Severe kidney problems may occur after receiving this medicine. This is more likely to occur if you receive too much of this medicine. Tell your doctor right away if you or your child have the following symptoms after receiving the medicine: agitation, confusion, decreased urine output, dizziness, headache, muscle twitching, rapid weight gain, or swelling of the face, ankles, or hands.

Tell your doctor right away if you or your child have mild, burning pain, feeling of warmth or coldness, peeling of the skin, redness, or swelling at the injection site.

While using this medicine, you may be exposed to radiation. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about this.

Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.

Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor. This includes prescription or nonprescription (over-the-counter [OTC]) medicines and herbal or vitamin supplements.