Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Oct. 11, 2012
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/zollinger. Accessed July 28, 2012.
- How is cancer of the pancreas diagnosed? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/PancreaticCancer/DetailedGuide/pancreatic-cancer-diagnosis. Accessed Aug. 7, 2012.
- Greenberger NJ, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Endoscopy. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=55957153. Accessed Aug. 7, 2012.
- Metz DC, et al. Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors: Pancreatic endocrine tumors. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:1469.
- Nauramy O, et al. Gastric acid hypersecretory states: Recent insights and advances. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2009;11:433.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Aug.7, 2012.
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: Possible increased risk of fractures of the hip, wrist, and spine with the use of proton pump inhibitors. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm213206.htm. Accessed Aug. 7, 2012.
- Miller LJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 10, 2012.