Tests and diagnosis
A pelvic exam may be done as a part of a routine checkup to evaluate your gynecologic health or to help diagnose a medical condition.
Sept. 18, 2015
- Vaginal yeast infections fact sheet. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health. http://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/vaginal-yeast-infections.cfm. Accessed Aug. 20, 2015.
- Vaginitis. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq028.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20120924T1249146853. Accessed Aug. 20, 2015.
- Hoffman BL, et al. Gynecologic Infection. In: Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=768. Accessed July 29, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Vaginitis, fungal. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2015.
- Sobel JD. Candida vulvovaginitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 21, 2015.
- Sobel JD. Vaginal yeast infection. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 21, 2015.
- Iavazzo C, et al. Boric acid for recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis: The clinical evidence. Journal of Women's Health. 2011;20:1245.
- Darvishi M, et al. The comparison of vaginal cream of mixing yogurt, honey and Clotrimazole on symptoms of vaginal candidiasis. Global Journal of Health Science. 2015;6:43971 Accessed July 26, 2015.
- Jurden L, et al. Can probiotics safely prevent recurrent vaginitis? The Journal of Family Practice. 2012;61:357.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, et al. Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines. MMWR. 2015;64:3. Accessed July 21, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. What is the recommended treatment for vulvovaginal candidiasis? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Boron. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/food,-herbs-supplements/professional.aspx?productid=894. Accessed July 26, 2015.
- Lopez J. Candidiasis (vulvovaginal). Clinical Evidence. 2013;vol03:815. Accessed July 26, 2015.