Got a painful joint? With arthroscopy, you can find out why — and get relief.
Loss of blood flow to a bone leads to avascular necrosis — the death of bone tissue. This most commonly affects the thighbone, causing groin pain.
Bone scans can help detect bone disorders and hidden fractures.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by compression of the nerve running through your wrist. Treatment can provide relief.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Is poor ergonomics contributing to aches and pains at work? Put your desk to the test — and make simple adjustments for comfort.
Polymyalgia rheumatica is an inflammatory disorder that causes pain and stiffness in the neck, shoulders, upper arms, hips and thighs.
Tendinitis is inflammation or irritation of a tendon. This painful condition most commonly affects shoulders, elbows and knees.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Oct. 25, 2014
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- Questions and answers about sprains and strains. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Sprains_Strains/default.asp. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- Blake RB. Evaluation of the adult with subacute or chronic wrist pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- Upton DS, et al. Overview of acute wrist injuries in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Wrist pain: Acute and Chronic. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Boggess BR. Anatomy and basic biomechanics of the wrist. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- Mauer M. Wrist injury. First Consult. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- Boggess BR. Evaluation of the adult with acute wrist pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- National Institutes of Health. Calcium fact sheet for consumers. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-Consumer. Accessed Sept. 8, 2014.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 12, 2014
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.