Dizziness is one of the most common health concerns. However, few cases of dizziness are due to serious conditions.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Treatments and drugs
March 19, 2014
- DiBaise L, et al. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 15, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What are the symptoms of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 15, 2013.
- Other rhythm disorders. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Other-Rhythm-Disorders_UCM_302045_Article.jsp. Accessed Aug. 13, 2013.
- Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome. The Merck Manuals: Home Health Handbook for Patients and Caregivers. http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/heart_and_blood_vessel_disorders/abnormal_heart_rhythms/wolff-parkinson-white_wpw_syndrome.html?qt=&sc=&alt=. Accessed Aug. 16, 2013.
- Pappone C, et al. Risk of malignant arrhythmias in initially symptomatic patients with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome: Results of a prospective long-term electrophysiological follow-up study. Circulation. 2012;125:661.
- Cohen MI, et al. PACES/HRS expert consensus statement on the management of the asymptomatic young patient with a Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW, ventricular preexcitation) electrocardiographic pattern. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:1006.
- Nakagawa H, et al. Catheter ablation of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. Circulation. 2007;116:2465.
- Munger TM, et al. A population study of the natural history of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 1953-1989. Circulation. 1993;87:866.