Persistent nervousness, worry and other anxiety symptoms can put you at risk of serious health problems. Take steps to ease your mind sooner rather than later.
Dizziness is one of the most common health concerns. However, few cases of dizziness are due to serious conditions.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Treatments and drugs
Cardiac ablation is a procedure that destroys some heart tissue to treat an arrhythmia. Find out more.
Mar. 19, 2014
- DiBaise L, et al. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 15, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What are the symptoms of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 15, 2013.
- Other rhythm disorders. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Other-Rhythm-Disorders_UCM_302045_Article.jsp. Accessed Aug. 13, 2013.
- Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome. The Merck Manuals: Home Health Handbook for Patients and Caregivers. http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/heart_and_blood_vessel_disorders/abnormal_heart_rhythms/wolff-parkinson-white_wpw_syndrome.html?qt=&sc=&alt=. Accessed Aug. 16, 2013.
- Pappone C, et al. Risk of malignant arrhythmias in initially symptomatic patients with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome: Results of a prospective long-term electrophysiological follow-up study. Circulation. 2012;125:661.
- Cohen MI, et al. PACES/HRS expert consensus statement on the management of the asymptomatic young patient with a Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW, ventricular preexcitation) electrocardiographic pattern. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:1006.
- Nakagawa H, et al. Catheter ablation of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. Circulation. 2007;116:2465.
- Munger TM, et al. A population study of the natural history of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 1953-1989. Circulation. 1993;87:866.