Lifestyle and home remedies
If you have Wilson's disease, your doctor will likely recommend that you limit the amount of copper you consume in your diet. You might also want to have your tap water's copper levels tested if you have copper pipes in your home. And be sure to avoid multivitamins that contain copper.
Foods that contain high amounts of copper include:
Aug. 03, 2017
- Shilsky ML. Wilson disease: Clinical manifestations, diagnosis and natural history. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Wilson disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017.
- Pazirandeh S, et al. Overview of dietary trace minerals. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Wilson disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/liver-disease/wilson-disease. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Shilsky ML. Wilson disease: Treatment and prognosis. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Bandmann O, et al. Wilson's disease and other neurological copper disorders. The Lancet Neurology. 2015;14:103.
- Wilson disease. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/wilson/. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Riggin EA. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 23, 2017.