Highly skilled hepatologists treat more than 200 people with Wilson's disease every year. They work with neurologists, psychologists and nephrologists to treat other symptoms associated with Wilson's disease.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's gastroenterology and hepatology departments' expertise and rankings.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Aug. 03, 2017
- Shilsky ML. Wilson disease: Clinical manifestations, diagnosis and natural history. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Wilson disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017.
- Pazirandeh S, et al. Overview of dietary trace minerals. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Wilson disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/liver-disease/wilson-disease. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Shilsky ML. Wilson disease: Treatment and prognosis. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Bandmann O, et al. Wilson's disease and other neurological copper disorders. The Lancet Neurology. 2015;14:103.
- Wilson disease. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/wilson/. Accessed June 22, 2017.
- Riggin EA. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 23, 2017.