- Experience. You benefit from a team of skilled doctors experienced in treating Wilson's disease. Mayo Clinic doctors see hundreds of people who have Wilson's disease each year.
- Coordinated care. Specialists in genetics, liver disease (hepatology), neurology, psychiatry, laboratory medicine and nutrition work together to provide comprehensive and coordinated care for people who have Wilson's disease. Doctor visits, testing and treatment are all available in one convenient location.
- Diagnostic expertise. Wilson's disease can be an extremely challenging disorder to diagnose. Experience and the most advanced testing techniques help Mayo Clinic doctors make timely and accurate diagnoses.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Aug. 28, 2014
- Wilson disease. National Digestive Disease Information Clearinghouse. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/Wilson. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 6, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Wilson disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- What I need to know about liver transplantation. National Digestive Disease Information Clearinghouse. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/livertransplant_ez. Accessed June 10, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 14, 2014.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. June 25, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.