- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, a team of pediatric specialists in the Children's Center works together to create a customized treatment plan for your child. Team members may include oncologists, surgeons, urologists, radiologists, pathologists and kidney specialists (nephrologists).
- Experience. Mayo Clinic pediatric specialists have extensive experience caring for children with Wilms' tumor. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide your child with exactly the care he or she needs.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic is a member of the Children's Oncology Group — a national, leading-edge group of institutions dedicated to children's cancer research. This allows Mayo Clinic to provide your child with coordinated diagnosis and treatment based on the latest research.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your child's treatment options. The range of treatments offered for children with Wilms' tumor includes partial and total nephrectomy, chemotherapy, radiation and clinical trials.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Nov. 06, 2014
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://wwwclinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- What is a clinical trial? CureSearch for Children's Cancer. http://www.curesearch.org/What-is-a-Clinical-Trial. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.
- Young people with cancer: A handbook for parents. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/youngpeople. Accessed Aug. 7, 2014.