Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people. In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Mayo Clinic pediatric specialists offer the most current treatments and have access to the latest technology. At Mayo, children who have Wilms' tumor may be seen by specialists in pediatric hematology and oncology, radiation oncology, pediatric surgery or pediatric urology, pediatric radiology, and pediatric nephrology.
For appointments or more information, call the Central Appointment Office at 507-538-3270 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday or complete an online appointment request form.
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
Becoming a Patient
See information on patient services at the three Mayo Clinic locations, including transportation options and lodging.
Sep. 02, 2011
- Ritchey ML, et al. Pediatric urologic oncology. In: Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2007. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1445/0.html. Accessed July 20, 2011.
- Warner BW. Pediatric surgery. In: Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 18th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1565/0.html. Accessed July 20, 2011.
- Anderson PM, et al. Neoplasms of the kidney. In: Kliegman RM. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed July 20, 2011.
- What is a clinical trial? CureSearch for Children's Cancer. http://www.curesearch.org/ArticleView2.aspx?id=8724&l=8657&c=a583b5. Accessed July 21, 2011.
- Young people with cancer: A handbook for parents. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/youngpeople/AllPages. Accessed July 21, 2011.
- Khan SP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 15, 2011.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals: Cancer. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer. Accessed June 23, 2010.
- Wilms tumor staging. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/WilmsTumor/DetailedGuide/wilms-tumor-staging. Accessed Feb. 9, 2011.
- Kidney tumors committee. CureSearch for Children's Cancer. http://www.curesearch.org/our_research/index_sub.aspx?id=1764. Accessed Nov. 4, 2010.
- Treating Wilms tumor: General. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/WilmsTumor/DetailedGuide/wilms-tumor-treating-general-info. Accessed Nov. 4, 2010.
- Treating Wilms tumor: Surgery. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/WilmsTumor/DetailedGuide/wilms-tumor-treating-surgery. Accessed Nov. 4, 2010.
- Wilms tumor and other childhood kidney tumors. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/wilms/patient/allpages#Keypoint24. Accessed Nov. 4, 2010.
- Wilms tumor key statistics. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/WilmsTumor/DetailedGuide/wilms-tumor-key-statistics. Accessed Dec. 29, 2010.
- What is Wilms tumor. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/WilmsTumor/DetailedGuide/wilms-tumor-what-is-wilms-tumor. Accessed Dec. 29, 2010.
- American Cancer Society. What Are the Risk Factors for Wilms Tumor? http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/WilmsTumor/DetailedGuide/wilms-tumor-risk-factors. Accessed Feb. 4, 2011.