Lifestyle and home remedies
Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It often occurs rapidly after exposure to an allergen and may be life-threatening.
Hives and angioedema — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of these common allergic disorders.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
May 17, 2014
- Wheat allergy. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Types/food-allergies/types/Pages/wheat-allergy.aspx. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Sicherer SH. Food allergens: Overview of clinical features and cross-reactivity. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Burks W. Clinical manifestations of food allergy: An overview. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Wheat allergy. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=20&cont=519. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Burks W. Diagnostic evaluation of food allergy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Nolte H, et al. Overview of skin testing for allergic disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Pietzak M. Celiac disease, wheat allergy and gluten sensitivity: When gluten free is not a fad. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 2012;36:68S.
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of food allergy in the United States. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/_LAYOUTS/NIAID.Internet.Controls/SearchResults.aspx?getfields=description&q=Guidelines%20for%20the%20Diagnosis%20and%20Management%20of%20Food%20Allergy%20in%20the%20United%20States. Accessed March 10, 2014.