Lifestyle and home remedies
Find out which gluten-free foods help people with celiac disease control their signs and symptoms.
Giving up gluten doesn't mean giving up taste. Check out these gluten-free recipes.
Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It often occurs rapidly after exposure to an allergen and may be life-threatening.
Hives and angioedema — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of these common allergic disorders.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tearing that goes beyond a happy or sad moment can stem from a variety of causes, from hay fever to more serious conditions.
Jul. 07, 2011
- Inomata N. Wheat allergy. Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2009;9:238.
- Groetch M. Nutritional issues in food allergy. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed April 11, 2011.
- Wheat allergy. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=20&cont=519. Accessed April 11, 2011.
- Wheat allergy. Food Allergy Initiative. http://www.faiusa.org/?page=wheat. Accessed April 11, 2011.
- Atopic and allergic disorders. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec13/ch165/ch165c.html?qt=atopic&alt=sh. Accessed April 11, 2011.
- Kurowski K, et al. Food allergies: Detection and management. American Family Physician. 2008;77:1678.