Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, a multidisciplinary team of experts provides whole-person care to those with Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia. Your care team may include hematologists, pathologists, radiologists, nephrologists and neurologists. Other experts are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating this rare disease. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 400 people with Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic researchers are actively involved in studying new ways to diagnose and treat Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia. This research gives you accesses to the latest treatments.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 21, 2015
- Kasi MP, et al. Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia. Clinical Advances in Hematology & Oncology. 2015;13:56.
- AskMayoExpert. Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Gertz M. Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia: 2015 update on diagnosis, risk stratification and management. American Journal of Hematology. 2015;90:347.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 17, 2015.