Biofeedback is a technique in which you use your mind to control your body, possibly helping with relaxation and a variety of health conditions.
Yeast infection (vaginal) — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatments, home remedies for vaginal yeast infections.
At some point, many women experience painful intercourse — for many different reasons. Here's how to discuss the problem and get treatment.
Vaginal health is too important to ignore. Get the facts about how to keep your vagina healthy.
Vaginal dryness is a common and uncomfortable condition — but there are effective ways to treat it.
Tests and diagnosis
A pelvic exam may be done as a part of a routine checkup to evaluate your gynecologic health, or to help diagnose a medical condition.
Jul. 15, 2011
- Stewart EG. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of generalized vulvodynia. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed April 21, 2011.
- Stewart EG. Treatment of vulvar pain syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed April 21, 2011.
- Self-help tips for vulvar skin care. National Vulvodynia Association. http://www.nva.org/Self_Help_Tips.html. Accessed May 23, 2011.
- Vulvodynia. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp127.cfm. Accessed May 23, 2011.
- Kingdon J. Vulvodynia: A comprehensive review. Nursing for Women's Health. 2009;13:48.
- Groysman V. Vulvodynia: New concepts and review of the literature. Dermatological Clinics. 2010;28:681.
- Danby CS, et al. Approach to the diagnosis and treatment of vulvar pain. Dermatologic Therapy. 2010;23:485.