- Exactly the care you need. Mayo Clinic specialists care for more than 10,000 people each year with voice disorders. They have particular expertise in the microscopic removal of lesions on the vocal cords and in treating vocal cord paralysis.
- Latest technology. Mayo Clinic uses cutting-edge technology to accurately diagnose and treat voice disorders, including potassium titanyl phosphate (KTP) laser treatment done while you're awake. KTP laser treatment can allow the removal of vocal cord lesions while preserving the maximum amount of underlying tissue.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for ear, nose and throat by U.S. News & World Report.
July 18, 2017
- Bruch JM. Hoarseness in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 13, 2017.
- Vocal cord paralysis. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/vocal-fold-paralysis. Accessed May 13, 2017.
- Voice reference guide. The Voice Foundation. http://voicefoundation.org/health-science/voice-disorders/. Accessed May 13, 2017.
- Common problems that can affect your voice. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/content/common-problems-can-affect-your-voice. Accessed May 14, 2017.
- Kallvik E, et al. Vocal symptoms and voice quality in children with allergy and asthma. Journal of Voice. In press. Accessed May 13, 2017.
- Mascarella MA, et al. In-office excision en masse of a vocal process granuloma using the potassium-titanyl-phosphate laser. Journal of Voice. 2016;30:93.
- Koss SL, et al. Serial in-office laser treatment of vocal fold leukoplakia: Disease control and voice outcomes. The Laryngoscope. In press. Accessed May 13, 2017.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 3, 2017.
- Ekbom DC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 18, 2017.