People develop voice problems for many reasons, such as misuse of their vocal cords, allergies and cancer. Mayo Clinic has voice specialists who can diagnose and treat any kind of voice disorder.
June 19, 2015
- Common problems that can affect your voice. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/content/common-problems-can-affect-your-voice. Accessed May 17, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 18, 2015.
- Bruch JM. Hoarseness in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 17, 2015.
- Simberg S, et al. Vocal symptoms and allergy: A pilot study. Journal of Voice. 2009;23:136.
- Voice information. The Voice Foundation. http://voicefoundation.org/health-science/voice-disorders/overview-of-diagnosis-treatment-prevention/. Accessed May 17, 2015.
- Doherty GM, ed. Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed May 17, 2015.
- Vocal cord paralysis. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/voice/pages/vocalparal.aspx. Accessed May 18, 2015.
- Ekbom DC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 26, 2015.