Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Find out what to expect during your endoscopy exam.
June 15, 2012
- Doherty GM, ed. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=23. Accessed April 17, 2012.
- Vocal cord paralysis. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/voice/pages/vocalparal.aspx. Accessed April 17, 2012.
- Deckert J, et al. Vocal cord dysfunction. American Family Physician. 2010;81:156.
- Fact sheet: Vocal cord paralysis. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/vocalChordParalysis.cfm. Accessed April 17, 2012.
- Rubin RT, et al. Vocal fold paresis and paralysis. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America. 2007;40:1109.
- Vocal cord paralysis. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/vfparalysis.htm. Accessed April 17, 2012.
- Hicks M, et al. Vocal cord dysfunction/paradoxical vocal fold motion. Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice. 2008;35:81.
- Ekbom DC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 6, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.