Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
May 15, 2014
- Goldstein BG, et al. Vitiligo. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Lebwohl MG, et al. Treatment of Skin Disease: Comprehensive Therapeutic Strategies. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier, 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014:5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Whitton ME, et al. Interventions for vitiligo (review). Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD003263.pub4/abstract. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Fleissig E, et al. Risk of sensorineural hearing loss in patients with vitiligo. Audiology and Neurotology. 2013;18:240.
- Silverberg JI, et al. Association between vitiligo extent and distribution and quality-of-life impairment. JAMA Dermatology. 2013;149:159.
- Valle Y, et al. Multidisciplinary approach to R&D in vitiligo, a neglected skin disease. Dermatologic Therapy 2013;25(suppl):1
- AskMayoExpert. Vitiligo (adult and pediatric). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Vitiligo. American Academy of Dermatology. http://www.aad.org/dermatology-a-to-z/diseases-and-treatments/u---w/vitiligo. Accessed Dec. 20, 2013.
- Questions and answers about vitiligo. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Vitiligo/default.asp. Accessed Dec. 20, 2013.
- FDA sheds light on sunscreens. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm258416.htm. Accessed Jan. 2, 2014.
- American Academy of Dermatology. http://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/prevention-and-care/sunscreens#.UbdQaJzm9lP. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Calcipotriene. Micromedex 2.0 Healthcare Series. http://www.micromedexsolutions.com. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.