Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Unexplained weight loss: Symptom — Overview covers possible causes of unexplained weight loss.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Lichtman MA, et al. Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=69. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Schrier SL. Etiology and clinical manifestations of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Stabler SP. Vitamin B12 deficiency. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368:149.
- Schrier SL. Diagnosis and treatment of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Dietary reference intakes (DRIs): Recommended intakes for individuals, vitamins. Institute of Medicine. http://iom.edu/Global/Search.aspx?q=dietary+reference+intakes+vitamin&output=xml_no_dtd&client=iom_frontend&site=iom&proxyreload=1&ie=UTF-8&ulang=&ip=184.108.40.206&access=p&sort=date:D:L:d1&entqr=3&entqrm=0&start=10. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/DGAs2010-PolicyDocument.htm. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.