Coma is often a complication from a severe brain injury that leaves a person unconscious and unresponsive. Many people recover from this condition.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
March 05, 2013
- Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191371208-2/0/1492/0.html#. Accessed Nov. 27, 2012.
- Viral hemorrhagic fevers: Fact sheet. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/spb/mnpages/dispages/vhf.htm. Accessed Nov. 27, 2012.
- Rollin PE. Viral hemorrhagic fevers. 2012 Yellow Book. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2012/chapter-3-infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/viral-hemorrhagic-fevers.htm. Accessed Nov. 27, 2012.
- Ippolito G, et al. Viral hemorrhagic fevers: Advancing the level of treatment. BMC Medicine. 2012;10:1741.
- Mandell GL, et al. Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06839-3..X0001-X--TOP&isbn=978-0-443-06839-3&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed Nov. 27, 2012.
- Meltzer E. Arboviruses and viral hemorrhagic fevers (VHF). Infectious Disease Clinics of North America. 2012;26:479.
- Wilder-Smith A. Dengue infections in travellers. Paediatrics and International Child Health. 2012;32:28.
- MacNeil A, et al. Ebola and Marburg hemorrhagic fevers: Neglected tropical diseases? Public Library of Science. 2012;6:e1546.
- Clean up rodent food sources and nesting sites. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/rodents/prevent_infestations/clean_up.html. Accessed Dec. 3, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.