- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart conditions (cardiologists), heart rhythm conditions (electrophysiologists) and others have experience diagnosing and treating people with ventricular tachycardia and other heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias). Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 2,400 people with ventricular tachycardia each year.
- Multidisciplinary team. Mayo Clinic cardiologists, electrophysiologists and other specialists work together as a multidisciplinary team to provide you with coordinated care.
Treatment expertise. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have expertise treating people with ventricular tachycardia using cardiac ablation and other treatments.
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota each offer a Heart Rhythm Clinic staffed by cardiologists trained in evaluating and treating heart rhythm disorders.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors conduct research in new diagnostic tests and treatments for ventricular tachycardia and other heart rhythm disorders and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Feb. 07, 2015
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed Oct. 1, 2014.
- Tachycardia: Fast heart rate. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Tachycardia_UCM_302018_Article.jsp. Accessed Oct. 21, 2014.
- Phang R. Nonsustained VT in the absence of apparent structural heart disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 21, 2014.
- Podrid PJ. Sustained monomorphic ventricular tachycardia: Diagnosis and evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 21, 2014.
- Ganz LI, et al. Sustained monomorphic ventricular tachycardia in patients with a prior myocardial infarction: Treatment and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 21, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 7, 2014.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 26, 2014.