Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tests and diagnosis
Nov. 01, 2014
- Ventricular fibrillation. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Ventricular-Fibrillation_UCM_324063_Article.jsp. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- Podrid PJ, et al. Clinical features and treatment of 5ventricular arrhythmias during acute myocardial infarction. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- What is an automated external defibrillator? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/aed/. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- What is the heart? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/hhw/hhw_all.html. Accessed Sept. 6, 2014.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookId=330. Accessed Sept. 6, 2014.