Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Nov. 01, 2014
- Ventricular fibrillation. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Ventricular-Fibrillation_UCM_324063_Article.jsp. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- Podrid PJ, et al. Clinical features and treatment of 5ventricular arrhythmias during acute myocardial infarction. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- What is an automated external defibrillator? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/aed/. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- What is the heart? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/hhw/hhw_all.html. Accessed Sept. 6, 2014.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookId=330. Accessed Sept. 6, 2014.