Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Autonomic neuropathy refers to damage to or disease affecting the involuntary nerves.Autonomic neuropathy refers to damage to or disease affecting the involuntary nerves.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Glomerulonephritis affects your kidneys' filtering function. Complications include high blood pressure, protein in the urine (proteinuria) and kidney failure.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Peripheral neuropathy symptoms can range from annoying to disabling. Learn how to deal with the burning, numbness and tingling.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Oct. 08, 2014
- What is vasculitis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/vas/. Accessed July 16, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed July 16, 2014.
- Gwathmey KG, et al. Vasculitic neuropathies. Lancet Neurology. 2014;13:67.
- Guillevin L. Infections in vasculitis. Best Practice & Research in Clinical Rheumatology. 2013;27:19.
- Merkel PA. Overview of the management of vasculitis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 17, 2014.
- Tarzi R, et al. Small vessel vasculitides. Medicine. 2014;42:138.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 17, 2014.
- Zand L, et al. Treatment of ANCA-associated vasculitis: New therapies and a look at old entities. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease. 2014;21:182.
- Murphy JG, et al., eds. Mayo Clinic Cardiology: Concise Textbook. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press; 2013.
- Pipitone N, et al. Role of imaging in the diagnosis of large and medium‐sized vessel vasculitis. Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America. 2013;39:593.
- Warrington KJ, et al. A primer on vasculitis. Minnesota Medicine. 2013;96:36.
- Weyand CM, et al. Giant-cell arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;371:50.
- Dammacco F, et al. Therapy for hepatitis C virus-related cryoglobulinemic vasculitis. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;369:1035.
- Grayson PC, et al. New features of disease after diagnosis in 6 forms of systemic vasculitis. Journal of Rheumatology. 2013;40:1905.
- Specks U, et al. Efficacy of remission-induction regimens for ANCA-associated vasculitis. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;369:417.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.