Oct. 08, 2014
Below are current clinical trials.5 studies in Vasculitis
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to identify genes that increase the risk of developing vasculitis, a group of severe diseases that feature inflammation of blood vessels. Results of these studies will provide vasculitis researchers with insight into the causes of these diseases and generate new ideas for diagnostic tests and therapies, and will be of great interest to the larger communities of researchers investigating vasculitis and other autoimmune, inflammatory, and vascular diseases.
This is a prospective pilot study to determine the utility of MRI and high resolution intracranial vessel wall imaging for the diagnosis and disease activity assessment of intracranial vasculitis.
This study is being done to create a "resource" of samples that can be used to improve our ability to diagnose and treat Membranous Nephropathy (MN), IgA Nephropathy (IgAN), Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)/Minimal Change Disease (MCD), Lupus Nephritis, and Antibody Associated Vasculitis (AAV).
The purpose of this study is to evaluate a new MRI method to study blood vessels in the head and neck.
The aim of the trial is to assess the safety and efficacy of the orally-administered, selective complement C5a receptor inhibitor CCX168 (avacopan) in inducing and sustaining remission in patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV).
- What is vasculitis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/vas/. Accessed July 16, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed July 16, 2014.
- Gwathmey KG, et al. Vasculitic neuropathies. Lancet Neurology. 2014;13:67.
- Guillevin L. Infections in vasculitis. Best Practice & Research in Clinical Rheumatology. 2013;27:19.
- Merkel PA. Overview of the management of vasculitis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 17, 2014.
- Tarzi R, et al. Small vessel vasculitides. Medicine. 2014;42:138.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 17, 2014.
- Zand L, et al. Treatment of ANCA-associated vasculitis: New therapies and a look at old entities. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease. 2014;21:182.
- Murphy JG, et al., eds. Mayo Clinic Cardiology: Concise Textbook. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press; 2013.
- Pipitone N, et al. Role of imaging in the diagnosis of large and medium‐sized vessel vasculitis. Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America. 2013;39:593.
- Warrington KJ, et al. A primer on vasculitis. Minnesota Medicine. 2013;96:36.
- Weyand CM, et al. Giant-cell arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;371:50.
- Dammacco F, et al. Therapy for hepatitis C virus-related cryoglobulinemic vasculitis. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;369:1035.
- Grayson PC, et al. New features of disease after diagnosis in 6 forms of systemic vasculitis. Journal of Rheumatology. 2013;40:1905.
- Specks U, et al. Efficacy of remission-induction regimens for ANCA-associated vasculitis. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;369:417.