Coping and support
Is an adult day service right for your loved one? Get the facts about adult day services.
So busy caring for a loved one that you fail to care for yourself? Try these tips for preserving your own health and well-being.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Tests and diagnosis
You may have a blood pressure test as a part of a routine doctor's appointment or to check for high blood pressure or heart disease.
Carotid ultrasound is a noninvasive imaging test that can reveal narrowing or blockage of arteries in your neck.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
May. 02, 2014
- Korczyn AD, et al. Vascular dementia. Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2012;322:2.
- Mohr JP, et al. Stroke Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier. 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Dementia: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dementias/detail_dementia.htm. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Wright CB. Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of vascular dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Wright CB. Treatment and prevention of vascular dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Medications for memory loss. Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_standard_prescriptions.asp. Accessed Feb. 4, 2014.
- Caring for a person with Alzheimer's disease. National Institute on Aging. http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/caring-person-alzheimers-disease. Accessed Feb. 4, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.