Is an adult day service right for your loved one? Get the facts about adult day services.
You may have a blood pressure test as a part of a routine doctor's appointment or to check for high blood pressure or heart disease.
So busy caring for a loved one that you fail to care for yourself? Try these tips for preserving your own health and well-being.
Carotid ultrasound is a noninvasive imaging test that can reveal narrowing or blockage of arteries in your neck.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Frequent urination, the need to urinate more often than usual, can indicate several disorders of the urinary tract.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
May. 02, 2014
- Korczyn AD, et al. Vascular dementia. Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2012;322:2.
- Mohr JP, et al. Stroke Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier. 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Dementia: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dementias/detail_dementia.htm. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Wright CB. Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of vascular dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Wright CB. Treatment and prevention of vascular dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 2, 2014.
- Medications for memory loss. Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_standard_prescriptions.asp. Accessed Feb. 4, 2014.
- Caring for a person with Alzheimer's disease. National Institute on Aging. http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/publication/caring-person-alzheimers-disease. Accessed Feb. 4, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.