- Experience. Over the years, Mayo Clinic doctors have helped thousands of people begin or expand their families.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic reproductive endocrinologists and male fertility experts are fellowship trained and are leaders in their field. They will work directly with you to improve your chances for fertility and successful conception — whether by medication, surgery, in vitro fertilization (IVF) or another method.
- Team approach. A compassionate team of experts can assess your conditions and your partner's and help you decide on a treatment plan that best fits your needs and preferences.
- Evidence-based approach to treatment. The Mayo Clinic team actively assesses and incorporates the latest evidence regarding fertility to give you the best outcomes with the least unnecessary testing and delay.
- Cutting-edge technology. Mayo Clinic offers the latest in traditional and robotic microsurgical techniques including varicocelectomy, vasectomy reversal and sperm retrieval.
- Competitive pricing. Please contact the business office for direct estimates and quotes on available procedures.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Dec. 06, 2014
- Varicoceles. American Urological Association Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=116. Accessed Oct. 22, 2014.
- Painless scrotal mass. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary_disorders/symptoms_of_genitourinary_disorders/painless_scrotal_mass.html. Accessed Oct. 22, 2014.
- Eyre RC. Evaluation of nonacute scrotal pathology in adult men. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 22, 2014.
- Masson P, et al. The varicocele. Urologic Clinics of North America. 2014;41:129.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2011: Instant Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05610-6..C2009-0-38600-6--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05610-6&about=true&uniqId=468779756-21. Accessed Oct. 22, 2014.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 23, 2014.
- Nork JJ, et al. Youth varicocele and varicocele treatment: A meta-analysis of semen outcomes. Fertility and Sterility: 2104;102:381.