Fever, headache and stiff neck are common signs and symptoms of meningitis — an infection of the membranes and fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
May 27, 2015
- Ferri FF. Coccidioidomycosis. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Nimmer N, et al. Coccidioidomycosis. Pediatrics in Review. 2015;36:181.
- Nguyen C, et al. Recent advances in our understanding of the environmental, epidemiological, immunological, and clinical dimensions of coccidioidomycosis. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 2013;26:505.
- Wilken JA, et al. Coccidioidomycosis Among Cast and Crew Members at an Outdoor Television Filming Event — California, 2012. MMWR. 2014;63:321.
- Galgiani JN, et al. Primary coccidioidal infection. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al. Coccidioidomycosis. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Coccidioidomycosis. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/coccidioidomycosis/index.html. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Mycotic infections. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2014. 54th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Coccidioidomycosis (Valley fever) — Jobs at risk. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/valleyfever/risk.html. Accessed April 30, 2015.
- Bennett JE, et al. Coccidioidomycosis. In: Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2010. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 23, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.