Mayo Clinic doctors trained in female reproductive systems (gynecologists and urogynecologists), urinary systems (urologists) and intestinal systems (colorectal surgeons) treat vaginal fistulas. Advantages of care at Mayo Clinic include:
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors perform more than 200 fistula repairs each year.
- Expertise. Doctors at Mayo Clinic help train new surgeons to do pelvic reconstructive surgery for women.
- Team approach. Integrated teams of doctors include gynecologists, urogynecologists, urologists and colorectal surgeons.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for gynecology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
April 14, 2014
- Garely AD, et al. Urogenital tract fistulas in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 22, 2014.
- Hoffman BL, et al. Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=768. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 19, 2013.
- DiMarco CS, et al. Vesicouterine fistula: A review of eight cases. International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. 2006;17:395.
- Gebhart JB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 29, 2014.