- Specialty care. At Mayo Clinic Children's Center, specialists in pediatrics, gynecology, urogynecology, and colon and rectal surgery care for adolescent girls who have vaginal agenesis. For adults, the Women's Health Research Center at Mayo Clinic seeks innovative treatments for many types of gynecologic problems, including vaginal agenesis.
- Expertise. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have developed multisystem approaches to treating adolescent girls and women who have congenital problems with their reproductive organs.
- Team approach. Integrated teams of doctors trained in several specialties work closely together to care for women and girls who have problems related to vaginal agenesis.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for gynecology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings.
April 25, 2017
- What is vaginal agenesis? Urology Care Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/vaginal-abnormalities-vaginal-agenesis. Accessed Nov. 30, 2016.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Adolescent Health Care. Committee Opinion No. 562: Mullerian agenesis — Diagnosis, management and treatment. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013;121:1134.
- Laufer MR. Diagnosis and management of congenital anomalies of the vagina. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 30, 2016.
- Moen MH. Vaginal agenesis treated by coital dilatation in 20 patients. International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics. 2014;125:282.
- Oelschlager AMA, et al. Primary vaginal dilation for vaginal agenesis: Strategies to anticipate challenges and optimize outcomes. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2016;28:345.