- Experience. Mayo Clinic's experienced pediatricians and gynecologic and colorectal surgeons have worked together for many years treating girls and women who are born with developmental abnormalities.
- Expertise. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have developed multisystem approaches to treating adolescent girls and women who have congenital problems with their reproductive organs.
- Team approach. Integrated teams of doctors trained in several specialties work closely together to care for women and girls who have problems related to vaginal agenesis.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for gynecology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for gynecology, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Apr. 16, 2014
- Laufer MR. Diagnosis and management of congenital anomalies of the vagina. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 3, 2013.
- Raziel A, et al. Surrogate in vitro fertilization outcome in typical and atypical forms of Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome. Human Reproduction. 2012;27:126.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Adolescent Health Care. Committee Opinion No. 562: Müllerian agenesis — Diagnosis, management and treatment. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013;121:1134.
- Morcel K, et al. Sexual and functional results after creation of a neovagina in women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome: A comparison of nonsurgical and surgical procedures. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2013;169:317.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 4, 2013.
- Baggish MS, et al. Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy and Gynecologic Surgery. 3rd ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders; 2011:811.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.