- Experience. Mayo Clinic's experienced pediatricians and gynecologic and colorectal surgeons have worked together for many years treating girls and women who are born with developmental abnormalities.
- Expertise. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have developed multisystem approaches to treating adolescent girls and women who have congenital problems with their reproductive organs.
- Team approach. Integrated teams of doctors trained in several specialties work closely together to care for women and girls who have problems related to vaginal agenesis.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for gynecology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
April 16, 2014
- Laufer MR. Diagnosis and management of congenital anomalies of the vagina. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 3, 2013.
- Raziel A, et al. Surrogate in vitro fertilization outcome in typical and atypical forms of Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome. Human Reproduction. 2012;27:126.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Adolescent Health Care. Committee Opinion No. 562: Müllerian agenesis — Diagnosis, management and treatment. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013;121:1134.
- Morcel K, et al. Sexual and functional results after creation of a neovagina in women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome: A comparison of nonsurgical and surgical procedures. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2013;169:317.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 4, 2013.
- Baggish MS, et al. Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy and Gynecologic Surgery. 3rd ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders; 2011:811.