Perimenopause — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment, self-care of this life transition for women.
Encopresis occurs when a child resists having bowel movements, causing stool to collect in the colon and rectum. Leakage of liquid stool also is common.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
July 23, 2015
- Bennett JE, et al. Urinary tract infections. In: Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 20, 2015.
- Urinary tract infections in adults. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/utiadult/. Accessed April 15, 2015.
- Bacterial urinary tract infections. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary-disorders/urinary-tract-infections-uti/bacterial-urinary-tract-infections. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Grabe M, et al. Guidelines on urological infections. European Association of Urology. http://uroweb.org/guideline/urological-infections/. Accessed April 20, 2015.
- Hooton TM, et al. Acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 20, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2015.
- Geerlings SE, et al. Prevention of recurrent urinary tract infections in women: Antimicrobial and nonantimicrobial strategies. Infectious Disease Clinics of North America. 2014;28:135.
- Hooton TM, et al. Recurrent urinary tract infection in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 20, 2015.
- Jepson RG. Cranberries for preventing urinary tract infections. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001321.pub5/abstract. Accessed April 20, 2015.
- Cranberry. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/cranberry. Accessed April 20, 2015.
- Newman DK, et al. Office-based behavioral therapy for management of incontinence and other pelvic disorders. The Urologic Clinics of North America. 2013;40:613.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. May 1, 2015.
- Marnach ML (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 24, 2015.