- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, urologists, oncologists, pathologists and radiologists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people with cancer of the ureter. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating ureteral cancer. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 200 people with cancer of the ureter.
- Expertise. Cancer of the ureter is an uncommon cancer. The experience and training of the professionals at Mayo Clinic ensures your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with ureteral cancer includes chemotherapy and a variety of surgical procedures, including minimally invasive operations.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Aug. 21, 2014
- Bladder cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 1, 2014.