An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Dermabrasion — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this skin-resurfacing procedure.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Nov. 25, 2014
- Babovic-Vuksanovic D (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 28, 2014.
- Tuberous sclerosis fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tuberous_sclerosis/detail_tuberous_sclerosis.htm. Accessed Sept. 23, 2014.
- Tuberous sclerosis complex. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/tuberous-sclerosis-complex. Accessed Sept. 23, 2014.
- Tuberous sclerosis. National Organization for Rare Disorders. https://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/35/viewFullReport. Accessed Sept. 23, 2014.
- Owens J, et al. Tuberous sclerosis complex: Genetics, clinical features, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 23, 2014.
- Owens J, et al. Tuberous sclerosis complex: Management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 23, 2014.
- Krueger DA, et al. Tuberous sclerosis complex surveillance and management: Recommendation of the 2012 International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Consensus Conference. Pediatric Neurology. 2013;49:255.
- About TSA. Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance. http://www.tsalliance.org/. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Hand JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 4, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.