Premature ovarian failure, an uncommon reproductive condition, can lead to infertility and other problems.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Amniocentesis — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this prenatal test.
Chorionic villus sampling — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this early prenatal test.
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Nov. 08, 2012
- Triple X syndrome. U.S. National Library of Medicine's Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/triple-x-syndrome. Accessed Sept. 9, 2012.
- 47 XXX syndrome. Genetics and Rare Diseases Information Center. http://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/GARD/Condition/5672/47_XXX_syndrome.aspx. Accessed Sept. 9, 2012.
- Afshun A. Triple X syndrome. Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association. 2012;62:392.
- Otter M, et al. Triple X syndrome: A review of the literature. European Journal of Human Genetics. 2010;18:265.
- Chromosome abnormalities. National Human Genome Research Institute. http://www.genome.gov/11508982#6. Accessed Sept. 10, 2012.
- Chromosomal abnormalities. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.com/baby/birthdefects_chromosomal.html. Accessed Sept. 11, 2012.
- Tartaglia NR, et al. A review of trisomy X (47,XXX). Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2010;5:8.