Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Amniocentesis — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this prenatal test.
Chorionic villus sampling — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this early prenatal test.
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Premature ovarian failure, an uncommon reproductive condition, can lead to infertility and other problems.
Nov. 08, 2012
- Triple X syndrome. U.S. National Library of Medicine's Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/triple-x-syndrome. Accessed Sept. 9, 2012.
- 47 XXX syndrome. Genetics and Rare Diseases Information Center. http://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/GARD/Condition/5672/47_XXX_syndrome.aspx. Accessed Sept. 9, 2012.
- Afshun A. Triple X syndrome. Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association. 2012;62:392.
- Otter M, et al. Triple X syndrome: A review of the literature. European Journal of Human Genetics. 2010;18:265.
- Chromosome abnormalities. National Human Genome Research Institute. http://www.genome.gov/11508982#6. Accessed Sept. 10, 2012.
- Chromosomal abnormalities. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.com/baby/birthdefects_chromosomal.html. Accessed Sept. 11, 2012.
- Tartaglia NR, et al. A review of trisomy X (47,XXX). Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2010;5:8.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.