Mayo Clinic doctors provide comprehensive care for about 900 people with trigeminal neuralgia each year.
- Teamwork. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists), brain and nervous system surgery (neurosurgeons), and doctors trained in treating children who have brain and nervous system conditions (pediatric neurologists) diagnose and treat people who have trigeminal neuralgia.
- The latest techniques and technology. Doctors at Mayo Clinic locations have access to the newest tools, such as intraoperative MRI, stereotactic radiosurgery and Gamma Knife radiosurgery.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's neurosurgery and neurology departments' expertise and rankings.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
July 26, 2017
- Bajwa ZH, et al. Trigeminal neuralgia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 5, 2017.
- Trigeminal neuralgia fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Trigeminal-Neuralgia-Fact-Sheet. Accessed June 5, 2017.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Trigeminal neuralgia, Bell's palsy, and other cranial nerve disorders. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed June 5, 2017.
- Crucci G. Trigeminal neuralgia. Continuum. 2017;23:396.
- Riggs EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2017.