Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists), brain and nervous system surgery (neurosurgeons), brain imaging (neuroradiology), and dental specialties have experience diagnosing and treating trigeminal neuralgia. Doctors at Mayo Clinic treat more than 900 people with trigeminal neuralgia each year.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in neurology, neurosurgery, neuroradiology, dental specialties and other areas work together to evaluate and treat your condition.
- Surgical expertise. Mayo Clinic neurosurgeons have expertise and experience performing complex surgical procedures, including stereotactic radiosurgery using Gamma Knife radiosurgery and other techniques, microvascular decompression and other procedures.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors conduct research in diagnosis and treatment options for trigeminal neuralgia.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
July 21, 2015
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Trigeminal neuralgia, Bell's palsy, and other cranial nerve disorders. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed May 24, 2015.
- Trigeminal neuralgia fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/trigeminal_neuralgia/detail_trigeminal_neuralgia.htm. Accessed May 25, 2015.
- Bajwa ZH, et al. Trigeminal neuralgia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 24, 2015.
- Riggs EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 17, 2015.