Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tests and diagnosis
Aug. 15, 2015
- Single ventricle defects. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/CongenitalHeartDefects/AboutCongenitalHeartDefects/Single-Ventricle-Defects_UCM_307037_Article.jsp. Accessed June 5, 2015.
- Hay WW, et al. Cardiovascular diseases. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics. 22nd ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed June 5, 2015.
- Tricuspid atresia. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/congenital-cardiovascular-anomalies/tricuspid-atresia. Accessed June 5, 2015.
- Tricuspid valve (TV) atresia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 5, 2015.
- What are congenital heart defects? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/chd. Accessed June 10, 2015.
- Crawford MH. Congenital heart disease in adults. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Cardiology. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed June 5, 2015.
- d-Transposition of the great arteries. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/CongenitalHeartDefects/AboutCongenitalHeartDefects/d-Transposition-of-the-great-arteries_UCM_307024_Article.jsp. Accessed June 17, 2015.
- Congenital heart defects and CCHD. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.org/baby/congenital-heart-defects.aspx. Accessed June 17, 2015.
- Isotretinoin and other retinoids during pregnancy. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/isotretinoin-and-other-retinoids-during-pregnancy.aspx. Accessed June 17, 2015.
- Giglia TM, et al. Prevention and treatment of thrombosis in pediatric and congenital heart disease: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2013;128:2622.
- Caregiver reach out introduction. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Caregiver/ReachOut/ReachOutIntroduction/Caregiver-Reach-Out-Introduction_UCM_301840_Article.jsp. Accessed June 26, 2015.
- Getting support. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Caregiver/ReachOut/GettingSupport/Getting-Support_UCM_301847_Article.jsp. Accessed June 26, 2015.
- Facts about birth defects. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/facts.html. Accessed June 26, 2015.