Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Pink eye (conjunctivitis) is an inflammation or infection that makes the white of your eye appear pink. The condition can be contagious, especially among children.
May. 24, 2012
- Parasitic roundworm diseases: Trichinosis. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/trichinosis/Pages/Default.aspx. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Trichinellosis. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/trichinellosis/. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Weller PF, et al. Trichinellosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Gottstein B, et al. Epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and control of trichinellosis. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 2009;22:127.
- Meat preparation: Fresh pork from farm to table. U.S. Department of Agriculture. http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/Pork_From_Farm_to_Table/index.asp. Accessed May 3, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.