Although canker sores aren't serious, they can be painful, and in some cases may be a sign of another health problem.
Dental exam — Overview covers preparation and what to expect during a dental exam.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease that causes inflammation and bleeding. Untreated, it can lead to periodontitis, a far more serious condition.
How often do you need to replace your toothbrush? Is mouth rinse necessary? Get the facts on how to keep your smile healthy.
Swollen lymph nodes usually indicate an infection, particularly in children. However, there are many causes, ranging from the common cold to cancer.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Apr. 09, 2013
- Murrell GL. Trench mouth. Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. 2010;143:599.
- Wilder RS, et al. Gingivitis and periodontitis in adults: Classification and dental treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2013.
- Gingivitis. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec08/ch095/ch095c.html?qt=trench%20mouth&alt=sh. Accessed March 4, 2013.
- Baumgartner A, et al. The phylum Synergistetes in gingivitis and necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis. Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2012;61:1600.
- Tips for coping with stress. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pub/coping_with_stress_tips.html. Accessed March 4, 2013.
- Li AW, et al. The effects of yoga on anxiety and stress. Alternative Medicine Review. 2012;17:21.
- Sheridan PJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 8, 2013.
- Koka S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 21, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.