A sleep disorder can affect your overall health, safety and quality of life.
Concussions can be serious injuries that need sufficient time to heal.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Dizziness has many possible causes. The cause of dizziness may be simple, or dizziness may be a sign of a more serious disorder.
Concerned about falls? Don't let your fear take over. Take charge with six simple fall-prevention strategies.
In the course of their daily adventures, children have plenty of opportunities to fall down. These simple precautions can help keep your child safe.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
May. 15, 2014
- Traumatic brain injury: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tbi/detail_tbi.htm. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/tbi/. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Traumatic brain injury. Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/dementia/traumatic-brain-injury-head-trauma-symptoms.asp. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Evans RW. Concussion and mild traumatic brain injury. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Hemphill JC. Epidemiology, classification, and pathophysiology. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Weinhouse GL. Hypoxic-ischemic brain injury: Evaluation and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- McCrory P, et al. Consensus statement on concussion in sport: The 4th International Conference on Concussion in Sport held in Zurich, November 2012. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2013;47:250.
- Adams JG. Emergency Medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Hemphill JC. Management of acute severe traumatic brain injury. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- What can I do to help prevent traumatic brain injury? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/prevention.html. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Brown AW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 26, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.