Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
March 10, 2015
- Facts about transposition of the great arteries. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/TGA.html. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Fulton DR, et al. Pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of D-transposition of the great arteries. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Fulton DR, et al. Management and outcome of D-transposition of the great arteries. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Transposition of the great arteries. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/print/pediatrics/congenital_cardiovascular_anomalies/transposition_of_the_great_arteries.html. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Fuster V, ed. et al. Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=5. Accessed June 8, 2012.