Mayo Clinic doctors have treated hundreds of people who had transposition of the great arteries. Doctors with training in heart disease (cardiologists), heart surgeons and other specialists work closely to care for people with congenital heart disease. Mayo Clinic doctors also develop new treatments for congenital heart disease and evaluate the effectiveness of treatments.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Mar. 10, 2015
- Facts about transposition of the great arteries. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/TGA.html. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Fulton DR, et al. Pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of D-transposition of the great arteries. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Fulton DR, et al. Management and outcome of D-transposition of the great arteries. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Transposition of the great arteries. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/print/pediatrics/congenital_cardiovascular_anomalies/transposition_of_the_great_arteries.html. Accessed May 23, 2012.
- Fuster V, ed. et al. Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=5. Accessed June 8, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.